Sunday, February 25, 2007

STOP PRESS
Aside.

Just noticed tomorrow, Monday night at 9pm ‘The Strangest Hotel in Britain’ – Foxes Academy. I have just checked that it really is the one I am familiar with – where I had Mum’s 90th Birthday party and where we have had Writer’s Circle Dinners and Guild Dinners and just dinners. It is a hotel where most of the staff have learning difficulties and which is open to guests and also students with special needs, providing them with vocational skills.

I have always found it a heart warming place to visit and hope the programme will do it justice and show what a very special place it is.

3 comments:

Pat said...

CHANNEL 4 CHANNEL 4 CHANNEL4
I forgot in my excitement. Sorry!

SpanishGoth said...

Good spot - bit gutted that I can't get channel 4 in this dismal country.

There is a forum here though.

As the C4 link says - "this is a warm and inspiring film about a unique institution"

Pat said...

Spanish Goth: thanks for that! I shall watch with great interest tonight. As usual there are two other programmes and just the one video. Enjoyed your irreverent lesson.