Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Room with a View

Meanwhile back at the Lodge a gentleman was occupying the room I had previously so I was given a larger one (at the same price) complete with four poster that even the Princess of pea fame would have found comfortable. Bags of space and a choice of bedside lighting
- vital for a late night read.


Facing the garden and the sun the room was bathed in light.

A moment's aberration - I don't usually put bags on the bed.

I liked the art deco bathroom - similar to the one I planned when we had two sculleries made into one room - a battle I haven't yet won. However I have just had an ailing freezer collected giving me time to clean the area before its replacement is installed. This freezer was poorly some time back and I got as far as putting it outside to be collected when he who must be obeyed decided it was working - by whicn time I had a new one. Then we became accustomed to two freezers so a replacement will arrrive shortly. You win some you lose some:)
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the perfect spot.

Cheers.

The Unbearable Banishment said...

A complimentary upgrade is the worst thing that can happen to a person! I was given a free upgrade into first class on a flight once. Horrible. It's not a subtle difference. It's a HUGE difference. I wish I was back in blissful ignorance.

Unknown said...

Beautiful place!!

Pat said...

Randall: it filed the bill perfectly.

UB: I was quite happy with the first room but a different room gives me something to write about. So I was content. Also it was room 5 - our lucky number.

John G: you'd love it.

Pearl said...

What a beautiful place...

Pearl

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Bliss.

An unexpected gift.

Don't you just feel wonderful? Imagine sinking into that bed when you're sooo tired.

Leigh Russell said...

How lovely to feel so pampered. I hope you enjoyed every second of it. It looks beautiful.

Pat said...

Pearl and Leigh: after a long day at the hospital where spirits fluctuate it was the perfect haven.

GG: by 6pm every night I was in my nightie and on the bed - reading, eating, drinking (just the one)and totally chilling - ready for whatever the next day would bring. It was such a help.

debra said...

elegant and lovely :-)

Pat said...

Debra: it certainly helped, through a difficult time - to be in pleasant surroundings.